[email protected] ○ 0410 583653 ○ Greta NSW 2334
DBA, Systems Administrator and Developer
Dedicated Sysadmin/Developer who keeps systems running, proactively suggests improvements and delivers new tech and platforms. Possesses strong practical knowledge in Linux and Windows administration, VMWare and AWS systems, and various web development technologies.
Core competencies include:
Linux and Windows servers * Web technologies * Configuring networks
Administering and developing databases * Managing and integrating cloud services
DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRY (contractor) ○ Maitland NSW ○ 2015 – 2016
The Department of Industry is a branch of the NSW Government. Among other things it is responsible for mining rights and titles.
- Enabled client payments to the Department of Industry (Titles section) by planning and developing integrations with a payment gateway.
- Facilitated infrastructure changes required by identifying system bottlenecks and liaising with relevant departments.
Reason for leaving: Contract completed (though have consulted with them ad-hoc since)
AOK HEALTH PTY LTD ○ Wickham NSW ○ 2009 – 2018
AOK Health are a world recognised leader in balance based health and fitness equipment. They manufacture and supply equipment to retail customers up to international distributors, and have wholesale, dropship and affiliate sales systems in place.
Information Technology Officer
- Developed current e-commerce platform and added functionalities (e.g. bill-of-materials inventory control, freight calculations/charging, eWay and PayPal, order tracking, etc).
- Migrated company from office server hardware to hosted servers (Vocus), and later to better hosted server provider (AWS).
- Migrated all databases from office to cloud hosted database platform (AWS RDS).
- Evolved in-house client management system (better inventory control, better freight calculations).
- Plan and develop web solutions utilising WordPress, Magento, Drupal and custom ASP/PHP
- Setup and manage web marketing initiatives.
- Manage office network and computer systems (desktops, servers, UPS, switch, router, WiFi, NAS devices, etc)
- Manage company cloud services (AWS servers and services, CloudFlare, Google Apps for Work, etc)
Reason for leaving: It was time for a change (and with the kids getting older I could recommit to longer hours).
BEN HELPS . ME ○ Greta NSW ○ 2007 – Present
This is my umbrella business for my (predominantly IT consulting) claimable work.
- Developed or aided on various websites (Scholars in Collars, BLN Business Services, Ben Helps . me, Cuebiyar, AussiesDownunder, ASANSW, etc)
- Plan and develop web solutions (Custom, WP, Magento, Drupal, etc).
- Manage “office” network and computer systems.
- Manage productivity tools, book keeping, business development, etc.
- Ran a side business ( Wigglebum ) – mobile show dog supplies. Managed all aspects – marketing, bookings, reordering, customers, accounting, etc.
HRWORKBENCH ○ Newcastle NSW ○ 2001 – 2007
HRworkbench provided premium psychometric tools and surveys to companies for change management, exit interviews, succession planning and employee satisfaction.
Plan/develop software and platforms:
- Windows Server 2003
- MS SQL Server 2005
- Plan and develop software solutions (Custom ASP, C# and Java).
- Administer and improve MS SQL Server and databases.
Reason for leaving: Company was winding down (mismanagement), and I was beginning my own venture.
CONVATECH ○ Warabrook NSW ○ 1999 – 2000
ConvaTech provide maintenance, repair and construction services to the mining and electricity production industries. They are primarily focused on contracted maintenance of conveyor systems these industries use to ensure fast and reliable coal production.
- Migrated company from shared MS Access database to client/server MS Access/MS SQL Server architecture for better concurrency.
- Selected barcode reader hardware and developed software to enable staff to download barcoded site inspections, scan and annotate on-site, and upload inspections to server once back in office.
Reason for leaving: Contracted work finished, and I was finished my Uni degree
Bachelor of Information Science, University of Newcastle 1999