My hosting platform of choice is Amazon Web Services (AWS).
I am experienced at:
- setting up (Windows and Linux) hosting environments using EC2 (cloud servers),
- VPC (virtual network layout),
- ELB (load balancing, for scaling up or just minimising upgrade downtimes),
- EIP (public static IP addressing – good if you don’t need ELB),
- SES (mail serving – Amazon have an amazing mail sending capability, but there are tricky hoops to jump thru in setup),
- RDS (dedicated database hosting – more control and easy data replication setup for data security).
I charge by the hour, and can offer support over email, phone, VOIP, in person, etc. Obviously in person has the potential to be the most productive – less understanding is lost in translation when you can see one another, and you can observe how to do it yourself.